Mickey Thompson offers a FREE mileage warranty and two year protection plan called TyreLife, when you register your Mickey Thompson tyres within 5 days of purchase.
FREE TYRE MILEAGE WARRANTY AND PROTECTION PLAN
A TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan is available when four (4) or more tyres are purchased and wheel alignment is completed at the time of fitment. The tyres must be registered on the Mickey Thompson online registration form either by the dealer in the store or you can self-register on the website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The TyreLife Mileage warranty and protection plan is issued by Tyrelife Solutions, the exclusive Southern African distributor of Mickey Thompson 4 x 4 tyres.
MICKEY THOMPSON MILEAGE WARRANTY AND TYRE PROTECTION PLAN GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan:
- Is valid in South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana
- Applies only to Mickey Thompson branded tyres and will be honoured at TyreLife dealerships.
- Is only valid if all registration details are fully completed online and supplied to TyreLife Solutions within 5 working days from the date of invoice. The purchaser will receive confirmation of registration by email or SMS within 10 working days.
- Is not transferrable upon sale of the vehicle.
- Requires the purchaser to rotate, balance and align the tyres on or before every 8000 kms after fitment, at a TyreLife dealer and complete the tyre maintenance record supplied with the registration confirmation. All invoices for tyre maintenance must be retained by the purchaser as proof.
- The vehicle’s tyre pressure must be checked regularly according to the vehicle manufacturer specifications. Use of over or under inflated tyres will void the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan.
- The TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan is not valid if the tyre’s serial or date of manufacture number is cut or buffed.
- TyreLife Solutions is not responsible for incorrect fitting or incorrect application of tyres – in these cases the purchaser must seek recourse from the dealer where the tyre was purchased.
- The warranty is limited to 10 years from date of manufacture.
This warranty does not cover tyres that become unserviceable due to:
- Incorrect usage, vandalism, damage caused by an accident, mechanical defects and/or driver abuse.
- Damage resulting from improper installation, wheel misalignment, or tyre/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Damage resulting from consumer damage, such as improper tyre and vehicle maintenance or tyre misuse.
- Damage resulting from under or over inflation.
- Vehicles used in any commercial or racing application.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tyres over four (4) years from date of purchase.
- Tread wear less than the legal limit as specified by the National Roads Act 93 of 1996.
- TyreLife Solutions agent reserves the right to withdraw the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan on future purchasers.
- The TyreLife Solutions agent reserves the right to cancel the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan without prior notice, notwithstanding existing registrations.
- The TyreLife Solutions agent reserves the right to remove any tyre pattern or tyre size from this programme without prior notice.
- Should claimed tyre size or pattern not be available at the time of a claim resolution, TyreLife Solutions reserves the right to provide an equivalent replacement tyre pattern or size.
MILEAGE WARRANTY SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The mileage warranty is only valid provided four (4) or more tyres are purchased simultaneously and are at all times fitted to the same vehicle.
- It is compulsory that wheel alignment is conducted at the time of fitment.
MILEAGE WARRANTY TABLE
MILEAGE WARRANTY REFERENCE TABLE TYRE PATTERN WARRANTIED KM TYRE PATTERN WARRANTIED KM Baja ATZ P3 50 000 Deegan 38 All Terrain 85 000 Baja MTZ P3 50 000 Baja Boss A/T 50 000 Baja LEGEND EXP 50 000
MILEAGE WARRANTY ENTITLEMENT
Should the tyre/s not achieve the specified mileage, providing the warranty terms and conditions have been met, a qualifying claim should be submitted to an authorised distributor/dealer for assessment.
An adjustment will be made on the replacement cost of the next purchase of a new Mickey Thompson tyre for the same vehicle. The replacement cost adjustment will be determined by dividing the current selling price of the replacement tyre (excluding any levies, VAT, fitment or balancing) by the warranted mileage i.e. specified kilometres, and multiplying the result by the number of kilometres not achieved. This rand value will be deducted from the price of the new tyre.
The original purchaser must present supporting documentation including original tyre invoice and tyre maintenance invoices as stipulated in the terms and conditions.
Compensation for unachieved kilometres will be calculated based on the current selling price and a pro rata discount will be awarded on the next Mickey Thompson tyre purchase.
The cost of fitting, balancing, alignment and other service on original and replacement tyres are for the purchaser's account.
Consumers must not drive with less than 1 mm of tread across the tyre pattern as per the legal tread limit (as specified in the National Roads Act of 1996).
TYRELIFE PROTECTION PLAN SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This protection plan applies for (2) two years from the invoice date of the tyres. The Protection Plan was extended on 1 April 2019 and only after this date does a registration qualify for the extended one year.
- Mickey Thompson branded tyres on the TyreLife programme will be replaced if irreparably damaged by a tyre penetration caused by glass, rocks, metal or wood or damage caused by impact with a pothole.
- The cover is only valid for the replacement of a tyre that has suffered irreparable damage. No other resultant damage from the event to any persons or property including third parties are the responsibility of TyreLife Solutions.
- This Tyre Protection Plan is void if the tyres have not been adequately maintained as per the General Terms and Conditions
TYRELIFE PROTECTION PLAN CLAIM PROCEDURE
- The purchaser must submit a claim at a TyreLife Dealer (visit www.mickeythompsonsa.com for listing).
- The dealer will inspect the tyre for the cause of the damage and consider whether the damage is irreparable.
- If the tyre damage is irreparable the dealer will measure the remaining tread, complete the Mickey Thompson tyre claim form and submit to TyreLife Solutions with photographic support and or evidence for approval.
- The damaged tyre must be replaced with a new equivalent Mickey Thompson tyre.
- The compensation that the purchaser receives is calculated by measuring the remaining tread that cannot now be used.
- Fitting, balancing and VAT will all be levied on the new replacement tyre.
- TyreLife Solutions shall advise the dealer within 7 days of receipt of the completed claim submission of the acceptance or rejection of the claim.
- On 1 April 2019 the Protection Plan was extended to 2 years. This extention does not apply to tyres registered before this date.